Thursday, December 31, 2020

Goodbye 2020 ...

 ... and good riddance, you sucked.  

In addition to several subjective new year's resolutions, most of which I will undoubtedly quickly break - so I won't bother sharing them here - I have also made one objective and quantifiable new year's resolution.  And that is to lose 24 lb in 2021.  That is only 2 lb a month, in theory quite achievable.  But everything in my history suggest that it is going to be next to impossible.  Yes I have lost weight before, but I've never been able to keep that weight off.  And so this is going to be tough.  Exercise, diet, blah blah blah.  But the biggest thing for me is willpower.  I have to want to lose that weight enough to commit to better choices, and stick to them.  That's always been my problem, and something I need to overcome.  And when I take a step backwards, I can't give up.  Which is why I can't totally change all my terrible habits and lifestyle choices overnight.  It has to be a slow and gradual transition to something better.  Let's see how I get on.  I will aim to revisit this resolution in this blog on the last day of every month.

2 comments:

  1. With your personality, have you thought about the 5:2 diet?

    5 days per week = normal

    2 days per week = 25% of normal calorific intake (nominally 500 cals).

    Obvs the 2 days need to be spaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. - This would need to be a full on life style choice (i.e. permanent) to be effective.

    Not to be discarded when a few Ibs get lost.

    ReplyDelete