Saturday, December 5, 2020

The Islands

My landlord has gone away to Hawaii for 2 weeks, and I was kind of thrown by that.  I thought Hawaii had a 14 day quarantine period for any visitors, even those traveling from the mainland - so I looked it up.  And apparently, to visit most of the islands (not all of them) you can avoid the quarantine period with a negative COVID test.  Which is interesting to know.  I'm not sure I'm prepared to face the joys of an internal flight just yet, but Hawaii is somewhere I would like to go and definitely an option if winter here starts to become too much of a downer.  However, it is kind of depressing to read about a couple who recently took a flight there with their young child despite knowing that they had positive COVID tests - they deserved to get arrested, and I hope they get locked up for a long time.  Imagine you were on that flight and found that out...

No comments:

Post a Comment