Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Sense of Humor

I don't know whether this is a symptom of this year, or whether my sense of humor has evolved over time - but I'm finding that things I used to find funny are no longer funny.  In particular, I'm thinking of Channel 4 panel shows.  For example, I tried to watch the Big Fat Quiz of the Year on YouTube.  I've enjoyed these in the past, and this one featured some comedians who I have traditionally liked - but this time round, I found it almost unwatchable and couldn't finish it.  Same goes for 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.  Has my sense of humor changed?  Has it disappeared?  No, that definitely can't be it because there are still some shows (Taskmaster) and many podcasts that I enjoy and find very funny.  But the vast majority of these tend to be American now, so perhaps my sense of humor has become Americanized?  That is disturbing.  That might explain why I'm spelling humor instinctively without the u now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment