Friday, December 11, 2020

Raffle Winner

Hooray, I just found out that I'm one of the winners of a raffle at work.  Before I tell you what my prize is, this needs some context.  The raffle was part of "Safety and Sustainability Week" at work, and I was entered because I completed a stupid quiz and attended a crappy talk about recycling or something that I don't even remember.  Also, it's important to know that I didn't win the first place prize or the second place prize - I won one of the 60+ third place prizes.  So dampen your expectations.  And dampen your expectations even further when I tell you that the first place prize was an emergency roadside kit, and the second place prize was a filtration water bottle.  Considering that, any ideas what I might have won?  I almost guarantee that you will never guess it.  I won ...... some wool dryer balls.  Just what I've always wanted - to "help eliminate the use of fabric softener and reduce clothing drying time".  And a quick look on Amazon reveals that my prize retails for the huge price of $7.99.  But I'm a winner, baby!        

1 comment: