Tuesday, December 8, 2020

More WFH Expenses

As part of my company's working from home assistance, we can expense for "increased utility costs" due to WFH.  This is not something I'd bothered with before - the increase in the amount I was paying seemed negligible, maybe due to year-to-year variability or an increase in how much they charge.  But that changed when I got my electricity bill today, which was shockingly high.  The cost of keeping my house heated all day has seemingly made a big difference - something I would obviously not notice during those warmer months.  So, after consulting my manager about my intentions, I have submitted an expense report today for the difference between what I've been paying since starting WFH (9 month ago! - good grief) and the equivalent months from last year (which added up to not an insignificant amount).  It will be very interesting to see if these expenses get approved...    

No comments:

Post a Comment