Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Scam Phone Calls

The frequency of scam phone calls I've been getting recently seems to have significantly increased.  And I'm so fed up with it.  To the extent that unless it's someone I know, I don't even bother answering my phone anymore and instead let it go to voicemail.  That seems to do the trick most of the time.  That changed this morning, when I received a phone call before 7 am (!) from a number I didn't recognize that originated from Jesup, Georgia (?!) that actually did leave a voicemail.  The computer voice (what, not an actual real person?!? The shock.) told me that they were calling from my "legal attorney's general office" to "put aside my work immediately" and to call the number back so they can "discuss resolution of my legal case" otherwise "an arrest warrant will be issued against my name".  What a load of horseshit.  I think in the past they've told me that my social security number has been suspended due to criminal activity, or some other such nonsense involving my social security number that needs my immediate attention.  Jeez, can't these phone companies who are raking in these huge profits do something about this.  Kind of ridiculous.  Having seen someone close fall victim to a scam, these people really are scum of the earth.    

No comments:

Post a Comment