Sunday, December 6, 2020

Christmas Cards

I need to step up my Christmas card game.  The cards I'm sending out this year are decidedly mediocre and decidedly cheap (I got them in the post-Christmas sales a while ago) - and that's not acceptable when I'm shelling out so much money just to post these things to the UK ($1.20 is the current going rate for an international stamp).  When the stamp is far more expensive than the card, then you know that something is fundamentally wrong.  So my apologies for anyone reading this who receives a card from me - I know I can and should do better.  Contrarily, the whole exercise of sending out Christmas cards seems quite unnecessary and dated in today's age - wouldn't just a simple e-mail suffice?  I don't know, it's nice to get something personal via slow mail nowadays and I like getting a Christmas card where clearly someone has made a bit of an effort.  However, rest assured I won't send you a card in the future with my ugly mug on it.    

2 comments:

  1. Yes, an e-mail will suffice (I'm not postin' anything to Seattle - you'll get an appropriate e-greeting from me.

    Not being sexist either - I whatsapp your sister.

    The digital age is ace for lazy types like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Cards are unevironmental !!

    ReplyDelete