Friday, December 4, 2020

Beach Hikes

We've had some unseasonably pleasant weather here for the last week - for the most part beautiful sunny clear skies.  So with a light workload, I took the opportunity to take a few days off work to make the most of the weather.  And I did a couple of exposed hikes to get some natural Vitamin D - one hike on Whidbey Island (Deception Pass State Park), and the other on Camano Island (Cama Beach State Park).  I've been to both parks before, but not necessarily the specific hikes I did this time.  In both cases, wanted to do quite a lot of hiking by the water - because nothing beats having an entire beach almost to yourself with the sun shining down on you.  Very therapeutic - it makes me so want to live by the water when I retire.  And walking on a rocky beach is definitely better exercise than just normal walking - my legs were plenty sore afterwards.  I'm sure I've posted some variants of the same views in previous blogs, but here are some more photos:









No comments:

Post a Comment