Sunday, December 27, 2020

Palace - oh dear

The less said about the Palace results over the festive period so far, the better.  Never a high scoring team, it's a bit alarming that we've gone so long without keeping a clean sheet (and shipping a lot of goals at the moment).  On the opposite side of things, lots of fireworks in the neighborhood tonight as Seattle won and sealed their division win.  I think the NFL playoffs are expanded and different this year, and only the #1 seed gets a bye - and Seattle are not the #1 seed on the NFC side, so much tougher to get to the Superbowl if you're not the #1.  A very interesting year for Seattle - started as an offensive juggernaut with a shockingly poor defense, and now they don't score nearly as much but have a much stronger defense.  If they can put it together, they could go far.   

And an update - feeling very pleased with myself, as I think I fixed a lot of my TV audio issues.  I realized that a splitter I use might be causing the issue following a firmware update on the TV.  And sure enough, when I eliminate that then I don't seem to get the intermittent sound issues anymore.  I notice I still get some stutter in the picture when I try to watch Wonder Woman via HBO Max on Roku - but I think that is more to do with the volume of people accessing their server, than anything to do with the equipment on my end.  I don't think this is going to stop me from upgrading my telly and soundbar - kind of fed up with having to deal with one issue or another.  The only reason I use the splitter in the first place is because of an another issue to do with audio lag - nothing more annoying than not being able to get a picture synced with the audio.  You'd think TV companies would latch onto the fact that if they included a decent sound system with their product then it would be so much more appealing - seems like a terrible oversight (though I suspect more an unofficial agreement between the TV manufacturers and the audio equipment manufacturers).

No comments:

Post a Comment