Sunday, December 13, 2020

Cookies

I was looking for a small storage container among all my other stuff today, and came across a couple of old seasonal Cadbury Cookies tins.  And I quickly got a real yearning for buying another one of these.  "An assortment of delicious cookies covered in Cadbury milk chocolate."  But after a frantic internet search, I can't find these things anywhere - I don't think they're sold anymore.  Not even in the UK, not even when I substitute biscuits for cookies in the internet search.  This is devastating - how am I going to satisfy my craving now?  There are alternatives - think McVitie's Victoria Classic Biscuit Collection or Fox's Chocolatey Selection etc.  But these are all overpriced UK imports that won't arrive by Christmas - I got these Cadbury's tins in the US, and probably from somewhere like Walmart.  One of the tins has a best before date of 2016, so this wasn't that long ago.  But alas I guess they didn't sell well and American consumers' tastes have moved on, even if mine haven't.                

No comments:

Post a Comment