Monday, December 21, 2020

Rain

It didn't just rain today, it poured down today.  Just a really miserable day.  It was so dark that I don't think my outdoor Christmas lights, which are controlled by a light sensor, ever turned off.  At least it was just rain, at higher elevations towards the mountains and out towards the Canadian border I think that rain turned into snow.  But that hasn't stopped flooding and landslides - along with an official weather alert.  When you get rain like this, you notice the issues where you live.  I could hear water dripping in my fireplace - so my chimney has a small leak.  And my gutters need clearing, as I was getting torrents of water coming down off the roof where they were full of debris and couldn't handle the volume of rain.  How can I make this blog more positive?  Well at least it's just today that we have this bad weather - the rest of the week leading up to Christmas Day looks like good walking weather!      

Addendum: it is now a couple of hours later, and I've just looked outside and it's snowing heavily.  How very festive!  I don't think it's cold enough to really settle, but we shall see tomorrow morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment