Thursday, January 5, 2017

Visibility

We are currently in the midst of a Dry Air Storm here.  What this means – very cold (not getting above freezing during the day), very dry, stunningly blue skies, and amazing visibility.  It’s a shame I have to be at work this week, otherwise I would be out and about trying to capture some great photos of the Seattle skyline with Mount Rainier in the background.  This is the view from the Space Needle at 2 pm today (google Space Needle cam and you can see current and past panoramic views from there).




The temperatures are plunging overnight – but other than the slight risk of black ice, no snow or anything to make the driving conditions bad.  Unfortunately, this is not lasting through the weekend – with temperatures rising and rain returning.  They have forecast some snow in about a week’s time, but doesn’t look as though the temperatures are cold enough then for it to settle.  Very glad that I bought a portable heater a few years ago, because my bedroom is so poorly insulated that I would freeze otherwise.  At least my gas fire works well for the living room – but I would so much prefer to live somewhere that actually has decent central heating.  I don’t need any more excuses to find somewhere new to live, but this is yet another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment