Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Mid-week football

I hate it when they have a full set of Premiership games on during mid-week.  I had no idea there were any until I happened to check out the BBC website.  And this was hardly a throwaway set of fixtures, because it included a big match up of top 4 teams in Liverpool vs. Chelsea.  And then I saw that Palace picked up their first league win under Big Sam, and I missed it.  They still remain in the bottom 3, but hopefully a good run (starting with a win against fellow bottom-dwellers Sunderland at the weekend) will help drag a few other teams into the fray (including champions Leicester!).  I feel like Chelsea are running away with the title (or, more accurately, no other teams seem able to sustain a decent challenge), but the relegation battle could come down to the wire.  Tense.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, this sudden surge of form from Swansea, Hull, and now Sunderland is very alarming. I'm begining to fear that Boro may never win a game ever again!

    ReplyDelete