Wednesday, January 4, 2017

I wasn't missed at work

I only had about 200 unread e-mails when I got back to work on Tuesday after 3 weeks off.  That seems a lot, but really wasn’t.  And absolutely nothing urgent to address, and nothing really to work on now I’m back.  So it appears that 2017 is going to start like most of 2016, with very little for me to work on.  Talk about underused and mismanaged – and unneeded.  Very frustrating – I think something has to change, because my enthusiasm and engagement with what I’m doing is just not there at the moment, and it’s very demoralizing.  I don’t know if anything will change – it would be good if my company bought out another company so there would be something new to work on, because then I could ask to switch onto that.  Or even just getting a new and better manager might help, but I don’t know if that will happen – the fact that my rather candid feedback on my current manager has not been followed up on yet suggests not.  So for the time being I just bide my time, getting paid for just sitting around and doing very little.  Inevitably this will eventually change, probably to the other extreme where I have too much to do and not enough time to do it in – but in combination with the fact that I do want to move back to Southern California, more than ever now, I can’t see me staying here beyond 2018.  Consider that one of next year’s new year resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment