Monday, January 23, 2017

Potato, Couch

Time for a TV update, what am I watching at the moment?  Let me look at what I have scheduled on my DVR for the next week:

The Young Pope - weird, cinematic, mesmerizing, best thing on TV at the moment
New Girl - mildly amusing, mildly generic half-hour comedy
Outsiders - a soap opera-ish drama about a clan of mountain folk
Taboo - Tom Hardy starring drama
Hunted - US copy of British reality show tracking down "fugitives"
Suits - very soap opera-ish law firm drama starring Prince Harry's girlfriend
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - very funny (and crude) half hour comedy
Man Seeking Woman - another good half hour comedy
Baskets - half hour very black comedy
Colony - sci-fi drama, but no Battlestar Galactica
Shark Tank - US's version of Dragon's Den
Gold Rush - reality show (somewhat staged) of gold miners
Victoria - token costume drama
Homeland - still going strong (Season 6!), this time based in New York
Elementary - somewhat formulaic US interpretation of Sherlock Holmes

This is disappointingly lacking in what I would call must-see TV, so let me add some other shows (non-Netflix since I don't currently subscribe) on my radar starting soon: 24 Legacy (no Jack Bauer though...), Legion (probably the one I'm most looking forward to), The Missing, Planet Earth 2, Big Little Lies.  But really, I'm just biding my time until Game of Thrones returns later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment