Friday, January 27, 2017

SAD

This blog has been accused of not being positive enough.  A fair criticism, but difficult to rectify because I’m not a particularly positive person.  It’s been particularly tough this month – my mood tends to  be quite cyclical, and I’ve definitely been on a bit of a downer since coming back from the UK.  Why?  Well, for sure the world has not been helping – things like Brexit and President Trump do not help elevate one’s state of mind.  On a personal level, let’s just say I’m increasingly unhappy with my work and living situations.  Although the possibility that I might be in the midst of a mid-life crisis has crossed my mind (if that was the case, I’ve probably been in a mid-life crisis for about the last 10 years!), I suspect I’m probably suffering from SAD (seasonal affective disorder) – something not uncommon in this part of the world.  I’ve also definitely not been feeling 100% for a while now.  Unbelievably, I’ve still got a lingering cough that I picked up in the UK and haven’t been able to shake for over a month now.  When you’ve already got underlying depressive tendencies, this all combines for an unhealthy concoction of defeatism and lack of motivation to do anything about it.  So, I can only apologize for the tone and content of this and any previous blog entries – I’d rather be honest in what I share, and to a significant degree it will be reflective of my mood.  And my mood will eventually take a turn for the better.  I’m sure your lives are not all rainbows and unicorns all the time either, so I will do my best to try not to bring you down to my level with what I write about here!        

No comments:

Post a Comment