Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Ford Siesta

I got my 45,000 mile service done on my car this morning.  No issues found.  You’d think I’d be happy, but I’m not.  This is disturbing – because at my last (40,000 mile) service, my “vehicle health report” marked my brakes and tires as “May require future attention”.  Yet, miraculously, at this service they’ve both improved to “Checked and OK at this time”.  Unless the car fairies have magically worked on my car between services, this is highly suspicious.  I’m fairly certain someone has done a half-assed job on my service this time.  I go to the dealer to get my service done because through the vehicle maintenance plan I got when I bought the car, all my services are free for the first 5 years.  Knowing that this time is up later this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if a load of issues with my car suddenly crop up when I actually have to pay for them.  I think I’m probably going to take my car to an independent mechanics for my 50,000 mile service before the summer.  It might hit my wallet, but at least I’ll have better peace of mind with the condition of my car before summer road trips.  And then my plan is to get a new car towards the end of the year – hopefully get a good deal on a 2017 model (current car of choice – a Honda Fit – though may consider upgrading from a subcompact to a compact this time), when the 2018 models start to become available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment