Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Down in the Dumps

A bad day today.  An early start, I got into work at 6.45 am for the first of 4 teleconferences today - I hate meetings.  Tough to get up and leave early when you're not sleeping well - thanks to the still lingering effects of whatever cold/flu I caught in the UK, compounded now by the fact that I somehow managed to strain my back over the weekend.  The painful back has also damaged by ping pong form - which has been absolutely pitiful this week.  One of the meetings today was also my performance review - which went about as well as expected.  That means I got a great review and great feedback, but got my self-evaluated overall performance rating of "Exceeded" bumped down to "Achieved".  Although not really a surprise, still really disappointed because that is going to adversely affect my annual bonus.  The reason given - there is only a set number of Exceeded ratings they're allowed to give out each year.  This is just preposterous.  Doesn't make me feel so bad about being criminally underused last year.  However, today was yet another drag at work - I'm just so unenthusiastic and not engaged in what little I'm working on at the moment.  Something needs to change drastically, and change soon, otherwise I'm going to go crazy.  I think this starts with a new manager.  And then tonight, I found out that my team - the San Diego Chargers - are going to move to Los Angeles so will no longer exist.  Again, no surprises here just massive disappointment.  That was just the icing on a very sour cake.  Roll on 2017 - you're on track to suck nearly as much as 2016.  I haven't even mentioned the man-child Trump yet - I can't and don't even want to think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment