Thursday, May 17, 2018

Trivia Happy Hour

We had another work trivia event today – and based on turnout, it will probably be the last one we do.  Compared to last time, a lot less people and a lot less teams.  Not really a surprise when it concerns my department who are mostly Chinese, but other departments don’t have that excuse.  Not a good showing from me – little opportunity to show off my vastly alternative general knowledge compared to Americans, and generally lacking conviction with my answers to be particularly vocal within the team.  The topics didn’t help – nothing in my wheelhouse, and too many of those stupid 50-50 type questions that are more guesswork than any actual knowledge or logic e.g. what has bigger population x or y, blah-blah is more than or less than a 100 years old, etc.  There was a film round where the image from one film was matched with the music from another, and I surprisingly really struggled with this – very disappointed with myself.  Which makes the fact that our team won even more bittersweet.  A hollow victory as far as I’m concerned, but at least I got a gift card out of it.  Makes me want to go to a proper pub quiz – and embarrass myself further at my lack of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment