Thursday, May 31, 2018

Home Invasion

Totally freaked out last night when after having watched the last ever episode of The Americans (great end to a fantastic series), I glanced onto my living room floor and saw a massive slug.  I have absolutely no idea how it got into my home – I didn’t have any windows or doors open downstairs, and I couldn’t find a trail anywhere to see where it came from.  And it was really big – so I don’t know if there was a gap anywhere into my house that it could’ve squeezed through.  Did it somehow sneak in when I had the front door open, say to empty my bins?  Did it attach itself to my shoes or clothes and come in that way?  Very weird.  And it was in the middle of my living room floor, and no discernible trail that I could tell as to how it got there.  Now I’m paranoid that there are loads of these disgusting suckers in my house, probably primed to crawl all over me when I’m asleep.  Might have to lay a load of salt down today just in case.  Shiver.   

No comments:

Post a Comment