Wednesday, May 30, 2018

John McCain

Just finished watching a documentary on Senator John McCain.  Someone who I don't agree with on an awful lot of issues, but someone who I respect as a straight shooting politician - especially compared to the buffoon and jackals currently in government.  A slightly pandering documentary, but didn't shy away from some of his more controversial moments.  I'd seen clips of him as a prisoner of war at the Hanoi Hilton, and obviously he didn't stand a chance in hell against Obama in the 2008 election.  Thanks mainly to W's legacy.  But I admire and respect his honesty and his principals - a rare politician nowadays who will promote non-partisanship discussion and compromise on issues, just to ensure that the government actually governs.  He has brain cancer and so his days are probably numbered, but I hope there are more politicians like him.  I hope he continues to savage Trump, who he clearly doesn't like and in many ways is his total antithesis in destroying America's reputation and standards.   

No comments:

Post a Comment