Monday, May 28, 2018

Cannon Beach, Oregon

Given how ill I was last night, I was worried that today might be a write off.  But felt surprisingly better, so after a quick early morning stroll and a much-needed breakfast out we headed to Cannon Beach –the more developed and upmarket cousin to the slightly blue collar Seaside where we were staying.  First went to Ecola State Park for some spectacular views of the coast, and then in to the town of Cannon Beach itself.  Another huge and wide beach that is great to walk down – especially with the big “Haystack Rock” looming just off the coast.  This was a very charming, albeit very popular, beach town that I would definitely recommend and would consider coming back to.  Then back home to some fish n chips, and staying up late chatting, playing cards and drinking – feeling a hell of a lot better than yesterday!  I want to explore more of the Oregon coast now – this was my first time here, and definitely won’t be my last, and we only saw a fraction of it.  Also reaffirms something that I think I’ve known for a while, and that is that I want to live/retire by the coast when I’m older.






     

No comments:

Post a Comment