Friday, May 25, 2018

Lake Union (Again)

A few photos from a recent early evening walk round Lake Union from work to Gasworks Park.  It’s tough to come up with different views – so there is probably nothing new you haven’t seen already.






No photos, but also this week went to check out Amazon Go – the automated store where you don’t have to deal with a cashier or anything.  Not the easiest place to find, it's hidden among a load of construction zones where Amazon is taking over Seattle.  I didn’t go in – I don’t have the right app installed – but a lot of curious tourists (predominantly Asian) have managed to make it there.  Not quite as popular as the first Starbucks in Pike Place Market, but well on its way to being just as bad.  A bit too gimmicky for my tastes – but I will probably satiate my curiosity at some point and wander inside.  It is the kind of place that is going to be the epicenter of the robot uprising when that inevitably happens.   

No comments:

Post a Comment