Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Smell

We had a couple of days of unseasonably hot weather recently.  Nice?  Sure.  But unfortunately, with the hot weather a distinct and unpleasant smell has returned to parts of my house – I suspect I have mold.  This is concerning, and potentially unsafe – compounded by the fact that I’m having real trouble pinpointing the exact location of where the smell is emanating from.  It smells worse when I’m on the stairs, but whereabouts exactly by the stairs it is coming from I’m not sure.  This is on top of a few other issues with my house I’m having – notably the flapper on my upstairs toilet keeps on coming off.  I think I need to have a word with my landlord.  Since it’s been a year, I might as well see how much he is willing to do – I would like all the windows on the outside cleaned, and all the tree debris and crap that has accumulated over the years on the roofs and gutters removed.  As much as I like living in a detached house, I don’t like living in an old house with one issue after another – if I’m ever going to buy a house of my own, it is going to be modern and require minimal maintenance on my part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment