Saturday, May 12, 2018

Sweet Dreams

My new mattress was delivered Thursday.  Absolutely no need for me to have taken a day off work for the delivery, even though I was told I would have to sign for it.  I never did.  They never even knocked on my door to let me know there was a delivery.  It was late afternoon and I was still waiting, so went to the website to track the package online and it said it had been delivered.  I opened my front door, and there it was waiting for me.  Naturally the mattress was compressed into a much smaller box – but still weighed a ton.  No way I could lift it by myself, but with a lot of hard effort and a lot of sliding I did manage to get the box upstairs.  Negotiating the stairs was tough – moving the box up one step at a time, whilst letting my leg muscles take the weight of the box to stop it sliding down, was exhausting.  And probably exacerbated my back pain – which was the whole point of getting a new mattress anyway!  This weekend I have the fun task of swapping mattresses.  I have no idea how long it will take to decompress the mattress – but I’ll probably be sleeping on my rock hard spare bed for a few nights, just what my bad back needs…..

No comments:

Post a Comment