Friday, May 11, 2018

I hate Windows

Do I think it’s coincidental that almost immediately after I update my TV package online to remove some channels and reduce my bill, my internet stopped working?  It was very strange – I kept on trying to reboot my modem and although I had a Wi-Fi signal it couldn’t connect to the internet.  I was also in the process of installing updates to Windows on my laptop – and I have an inkling that was causing the issue.  My laptop has been showing some disturbing signs of something being wrong with it – things like the wallpaper on my desktop not loading up properly, and it being a bit slower than normal – but nothing as bad as this.  And I have no idea why an issue on my laptop would cause my modem to break rather than just the laptop – I lost internet connection on all my devices.  After spending a long time on a call with an “expert” trying to troubleshoot the issue, eventually realized that by turning off my laptop and rebooting the modem that I got an internet connection again.  But as soon as I turned on my laptop and it connected to the Wi-Fi signal, again the internet connection was lost.  This was a few days ago, and I tried connecting my laptop last night and everything seemed OK.  Perhaps this is because the Windows updates have been successfully installed, but I’m not convinced that the issue has totally resolved.  Maybe it’s time to get a Mac. 

No comments:

Post a Comment