Friday, October 15, 2021

Trail Camera

Well, my hummingbird feeder was attacked again this week.  Not only did I find a feeder that was full the day before to be empty the next morning, but also the stand that holds the feeder was pushed out of place.  This is an escalation of vandalism, so action needs to be taken.  So I have acquired a trail camera and have set it up to record any nocturnal activity by the feeder.  Let's see if I can catch the perpetrator on film.  Mind you, I have my doubts about how good the camera is.  It didn't seem to do a very good job of capturing hummingbirds feeding when I tested it this afternoon.  I didn't get the cheapest one on Amazon, but I did get the best seller.  Which is not necessarily a good thing, because this is clearly a Chinese knock off and a closer look at the Amazon reviews finds as many recent bad reviews as good reviews.  I really should do some proper research on these kind of purchases before I waste my money.  I'll probably end up spending more on another better camera.   

No comments:

Post a Comment