Saturday, October 16, 2021

Tenet

I haven't done a film review for a while, so let me do one now since I watched Tenet for the first time last night.  And I say first time, because I think I need to rewatch this film - because I hadn't got a clue what was going on half the time.  I think it was a good film, if a touch pretentious, but the whole going forward and backwards - literally backwards - in time was so confusing.  It made for some very surreal action set pieces - I can understand why it won an Oscar for visual effects.  It's no surprise that after finishing watching it, I immediately wanted to rewatch it (which I haven't done yet) - and maybe the first time I've felt that since watching another Christopher Nolan film - Memento.  And the second thing I did after watching it was to go online to try to find an explanation for what I just watched.  There's plenty of discussion to be found, and many images of which direction in time each character was going in at various points in the film, SPOILER ALERT, like this:


Another image that came up in the search was a lot closer to how I felt:


But even if it was totally confusing, I enjoyed it so I'm going to give it 3.5 stars.       

No comments:

Post a Comment