Sunday, October 10, 2021

Nintendo Switch Fail

A frustrating morning with my Nintendo Switch today.  It started with a total inability to join an online game with my nephew.  It's worked before, so don't know if or what we were doing wrong, if anything, this time.  Perhaps the online network was down.  But I don't think so because my nephew was showing up as online, but when he created an online room for me to join - the room didn't appear to me, although I got the many many invites.  All I got was the infernal message "No friends found" when I tried to join.  And I think unrelated to this, I then realized that I'd attached my grip the wrong way round on my controller.  And it was stuck.  No matter what I tried to do, I couldn't separate it.  So I had to go out and buy a replacement for that.  This is not the first time I've had to replace a controller - it's the main reason why I bought a joypad to play Mario Kart with.  I look forward to the day when my nephew and niece graduate to a more advanced console (like the PS5) that shouldn't have these online play problems.     

2 comments:

  1. If your sister & brother in law are wise, they will avoid purchasing a PS5 like the plague to avoid excessive time spent with "errant" uncle gaming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless of course - "educational" multi player interenet games exist (which I doubt given the number of people at my work who don headsets & plug into Call of Duty"

    ReplyDelete