Saturday, October 23, 2021

Too Much To Watch

I kind of had it in the back of my mind that this year I would gradually work through my DVR, watching the various series and films that I had recorded there until there was nothing left.  After which I could belatedly cut the cord.  But it hasn't worked out that way.  In fact, I think my DVR is currently fuller than it has ever been.  How on earth did that happen?  For sure, there is a lot of stuff that I didn't need to record nor keep on the DVR because it is available on demand.  There are a lot of series that can't be that good because I didn't feel motivated to watch them at the time, but I still recorded them.  There are a lot of documentaries I have on my DVR that cover a range of depressing topics, so I don't feel particularly enthusiastic about watching them.  Will I ever get round to watching everything?  I'll probably probably sacrifice a few things, but I imagine I'll watch most of it - I'm very slowly working my way through it.  Unfortunately, I'm also adding to it all the time.  Which I guess is why I'm starting to have messages pop up from my TV box asking me whether I'd like to upgrade my DVR plan.  Quite the opposite, I wish I had less DVR space so it would force me to watch things in a more timely manner and really sort out the wheat from the chaff.           

No comments:

Post a Comment