Friday, October 1, 2021

Plastic Bags

Starting today, our state has banned single use plastic bags.  Which came as a bit of a shock when I went to the supermarket this morning.  I ended up having to buy some paper bags to carry my groceries.  And yes, charging for paper bags is outrageous - even at the grand sum of 8 cents a bag.  If I'm going to be honest, I can't say I approve of this bag ban - rather than simply banning all plastic bags, I'd rather they replaced them with recyclable plastic bags and keep the convenience.  It's not like the supermarkets can't afford it.  The convenience is apparent when you consider that the statewide ban got delayed numerous times due to the pandemic.  Oh well, at least I've already got some reusable bags which I acquired sometime ago.  The city of Seattle had banned plastic bags many years ago, so I've still got some left over from when I lived and shopped in the city.  Though lord knows what kind of condition they're in after all this time unused.    

No comments:

Post a Comment