Monday, October 11, 2021

Happy 2000th

I missed celebrating my 1000th blog entry, so let me celebrate my 2000th entry - which was actually yesterday.  This is my 2001st entry.  Whoops!  Nonetheless, I'm surprised I've managed to keep this going for as long as I have - certainly a lot longer than my previous attempts at a blog.  Those quickly degenerated into angry/depressing ramblings, but for the most part I've managed to avoid that in this one - though it is tough to maintain some semblance of positivity all the time.  Especially in light of all that has happened since I started this one in April 2016 - including the worst president in the history of the US, and a rather significant world pandemic.  And it doesn't help that I'm not a particularly positive person!  But I have managed to keep my depressive tendencies in check, or at least tried to.  And I think that more accurately reflects my outlook on life since I turned 40, where I have been more accepting of who I am and where I am.  Certainly more so than I did in my late 30's, with my brief stint in Texas being a particular low point.  Yes, I live a fairly sedentary and uninteresting life - and often a lonely life - which can make coming up with blog entries somewhat demanding.  But writing some of these entries can also be very cathartic.  And for the handful of people who actually look at this, thank you for continuing to read these brief snippets of my life, my thoughts, my opinions, etc - despite how trivial and insignificant they are to everyone but me.              

1 comment:

  1. Your opinions are not insignificant.

    They may be wrong - but that's another issue. LOL

    ReplyDelete