Saturday, October 9, 2021

Animal Vandalization

For the second time in a few weeks, I came downstairs, looked outside and saw that my bird feeder was empty.  But not emptied by normal means, no I could see that the sugar water had been spilled everywhere on the patio underneath the feeder.  It causes a slightly darker stain than regular rainwater, so it stands out.  But this morning, there wasn't just the sugar water stain - but also what looked like animal prints on the patio.  So now I know we have a crime.  It was too vague to make out what creature they might have come from - but bigger than a squirrel.  I say that, because I have a seen a squirrel both on my patio and climbing up into my bird bath recently - so that was my number one suspect.  But I think it might have been something else - a deer, a raccoon, a coyote, whatever.  Though lord knows what they would want with the sugar water.  Maybe they were after the hummingbirds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment