Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Doubts

I've booked my flights back to the UK for Christmas.  But now I see all these headlines about an increase in Covid cases, likely fresh restrictions, "Plan B measures" (whatever they are) and potentially another lockdown.  Now I'm having second thoughts about coming back to the UK this winter.  Certainly based on the trends, it's not looking good.  I don't want to come back if my options on things to do are restricted, and particularly if my ability to return to the US is jeopardized.  Maybe I should just wait until next summer to come back - I think I can claim a travel voucher if I cancel my flights.  But I won't do anything just yet - I'll just pay a bit more attention to the UK Covid situation than I have been.  I don't know what the red line for canceling my trip is - but if things get worse then we might be close.    

No comments:

Post a Comment