Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Junk E-Mail

I normally peruse my junk e-mail box at least once a day, just to ensure that nothing important has somehow crept into there.  It happens.  And that has been manageable, because generally I only get a few junk e-mails from some mailing lists that I joined a long time ago.  But that has suddenly changed over the last week, when I've been getting hundreds upon hundreds of spam/phishing e-mails each night.  Clearly my e-mail address has recently been acquired by some spammers.  All the e-mails seem to come from some randomly generated e-mail address that ends astrazenega.co.uk.  They probably use this address because it's close enough to astrazeneca to not automatically block it, and the rest of the address is randomly generated so it means you can't just block the contact because it changes each time.  Quite ingenious really.  So let's just hope that I don't miss anything important that accidentally ends up in my junk folder - and also be thankful that at least this is only happening in my junk folder and not my main inbox.  I've also tried to change my e-mail settings to block anything that comes from astrazenega.co.uk, but I have my suspicions about how successful that will be.        

No comments:

Post a Comment