Sunday, October 24, 2021

Flickering Lights

I guess I'd better do a blog post now, because my lights have been flickering all day so far and I reckon I'm going to lose power any time soon.  A quick look at the outage map reveals a lot of outages nearby, but not in my immediate neighborhood.  It's only a matter of time - it's extremely gusty outside.  One second it's dead quiet, and the next second you can hear the trees howling.  And we have an official wind advisory.  And literally as I'm writing this, the power just went out and came back on again.  It'll take a while for the internet to get rebooted, so I don't want to lose what I've already written!  And now it's got REALLY windy outside.  It looks like it's raining, but it's actually all the bits of tree coming down outside from the wind.  The weather app says we can expect winds of between 20 and 35 mph, with gusts up to 55 mph.  That's actually a lot less than I was expecting, I think the winds are considerably stronger on the coast.  I just rechecked the outage map, and there are considerably more outages now than there were about 15 minutes ago.  It feels like this could be a long day and a long night.     

No comments:

Post a Comment