Monday, October 18, 2021

Old Sauk River Trail

Well it's been far too long, but I actually did a hike this weekend that I'd never done before.  And not one that appeared in any of my local guidebooks, but one that came up when I did an internet search on best fall hikes in Washington.  And I'm pleased to say, this one delivered.  I hiked the Old Sauk River Trail, located about a 1.5 hour drive away north and inland of where I am now.  And this trail checked a lot of boxes for me - flat, decent length (I probably hiked about 7 miles), a decent trail through a moss-covered forest alongside a raging river, not too busy (especially for a Saturday - you've probably got the trail to yourself on a weekday), some nice views to be had, loads of mushrooms/toadstools if that's your thing, and some of the best and most colorful fall foliage I've experienced round here - that I don't think my photos do justice to.  I will definitely come back to this trail on a sunny autumnal day.  





No comments:

Post a Comment