Monday, March 1, 2021

I'm too old for this ...

Hmmm, what could the title of this blog refer to?  Well let me tell you - I happened to watch Lethal Weapon in it's entirety over the weekend!  A film that is nearly 35 years old now (!) and which I'm sure I've seen before, but it must have been donkey's years ago.  Of course, this is the famous quote from the movie with a certain expletive omitted.  And watching it, I did recall some of the plot details - but I think Lethal Weapon and Lethal Weapon 2 have kind of merged in my memory.  The thing that most caught my attention, and which I didn't remember at all, is that this a Christmas movie - in the same way that Die Hard is a Christmas movie, incidental to the plot but whatever.  The film has dated somewhat badly - from the fashion choices, to the music, to the highly questionable policing methods.  It doesn't have the entertainment value of say Die Hard, but is one of the better mismatched buddy cop films that were so popular back in the day.  3 stars.            

1 comment:

  1. Lethal Weapon is roundly pants.

    ANYTHING involving Mel Gibson & more than a bare min. of dialogue...is pants.

    Mad Max (limited MG dialogue) is fuckin' epic (all 3 - yes, even 3 with Tina T.).

    Die Hard better - but inspite of, asd opposed to because of - Bruce Willis (almost as annoying as Gibson - although I have a soft spot for the Last Boy Scout)

    ReplyDelete