Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Eligibility

Shockingly, I think I am eligible to get a COVID vaccination as of today.  Washington state today moved to Phase 1B Tier 4 (who comes up with these designations – what a joke!) -  which includes “people 16 years or older with 2 or more co-morbidities or underlying conditions”.  Considering I, sadly, suffer from both high blood pressure and obesity – that makes me eligible.  Unfortunately it also makes another 2 million people eligible, plus they are dropping the requirement to actually prove that you are eligible (a serious mistake in my opinion, as I don’t trust people to be honest with their eligibility), resulting in it being almost impossible to actually get an appointment anywhere.  I went on a couple of vaccine finder websites – naturally the unofficial one was a lot better than the official one – but nothing within reasonable driving distance that I could sign up for.  I’ll continue to check quite often, but I think it will be weeks or months rather than days until I can actually get an appointment somewhere.  I’m okay with that – considering my lack of interactions with anybody, I think my risk of exposure is very low so I don’t mind waiting a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment