Friday, March 5, 2021

Upgrades

OK, I think I've upgraded all the items I want to in my kitchen.  At least for the time being.  Just in the last week I've got a new microwave, a new toaster and some new dinnerware.  So what next?  There is certainly some bigger stuff I want to get - in particular, a new sofa and a new mattress.  It wasn't that long ago that I got new ones of both of these, but I feel I can and should spend a lot more money and get something a lot better for these things that I use a lot.  But that isn't my focus just yet.  I want to upgrade my clothing next.  It's been a very long time since I bought any new clothes - mainly due to a total reluctance to go anywhere near any shopping centers.  I did this week - I went to an opticians located in a shopping center to get my glasses adjusted, and it was nightmare because it was surprisingly packed and I couldn't find any parking, and then I had to wear a mask everywhere and it kept on fogging up my glasses.  So I think I need to do all my clothes ordering online - and then you have to deal with the fact that not everything will fit correctly.  Which is a total pain in the ass.  At least I've got another coat on the way, courtesy of a free gift from work.  I read somewhere that we are going to be close to "normal" by summer.  I very much doubt that - even though some states have already started lifting their mask mandates - it will be a while until I'm prepared to go to one of the local malls to do some clothes shopping.           

No comments:

Post a Comment