Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Travel

I'd almost forgotten that my green card is about to expire - since I've given absolutely no thought to traveling outside the country any time soon.  It had slipped my mind until I got some mail recently from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.  And it contained a form that I can use as evidence of my lawful permanent resident status for 12 months after my green card expires.  So that's good - I had only thought about not being to travel without a valid green card, but yes I guess it's also quite important that I'm still legally able to reside and work in the US!  But it also got me worried about just how long it will be until I get my new green card.  So I checked the status of my application online, and it did say it would be processed in about 4 weeks time - which is a lot sooner than I would have guessed.  But then I've probably still got to go into the local USCIS offices for an updated biometrics screening.  And who knows how soon I might be able to schedule that.  But hopefully by the time I want to travel - a trip back to the UK at the end of the year would be good? - I'll have a new green card and no issues with travel.

1 comment:

  1. A bit like a hybrid car, you are not quite one thing or another.

    Not American (too sensible) & Not quite British (using shite Americanese like "plowed")

    You are now a citizen of the grey twilight zone - lol.

    ReplyDelete