Sunday, March 14, 2021

Tis The Season

Yes, it's that time of the year - the worse season of the year.  Tax season.  What better way is there to spend a horrible, wet, windy and cold day than making a start on my taxes.  Today it was just about collating all the information I need to start filing my tax return - since I have to report almost every single cent of interest I've earned across my various accounts.  Most banks will mail you that information, but increasingly more of them won't - so I need to log into those accounts and print the necessary documents.  And it was mightily depressing to see just how low the interest rate has decreased on all my savings accounts - it is a good couple of percentage points lower compared to what it was just a few years ago.  Nonetheless, I am worried about my taxes this year - because if we look at the trend over the last few years, I will owe the IRS even more money that I did last year.  And that was a lot.  So my mood matched the weather.       

No comments:

Post a Comment