Friday, March 19, 2021

Supermarket Services

There is a local supermarket that I do my weekly shopping at, and there was an interesting development when I went there this morning.  It has also turned into a covid vaccination site!  I was wondering why there was a queue of people just beyond the checkout, and I saw that they had converted what used to be an in-store bank into a vaccination site.  This was unexpected, and I think must have happened this week because I'm sure I would have noticed it before today otherwise.  As with most of the other vaccination sites round here, I don't imagine it is easy to get an appointment - it looked quite busy even before 9 am.  There seemed to be an awful lot of people younger-looking than me queuing up - how on earth did they get appointments when they're not eligible yet?  (I think we're still on over 65's, and over 50's who live in multi-generational households).  I think it will be a couple of months at least until I can get my vaccination.  Hopefully by then there will enough supply that it won't be so difficult to get an appointment - whether it's as this supermarket or somewhere else that I don't have to drive miles to get to.    

No comments:

Post a Comment