Sunday, March 28, 2021

Canal Blockage

I've seen the headlines about a ship blocking the Suez Canal, which is hilarious.  How the hell does that happen?  But it also revealed how bad my general knowledge has become - because I naturally assumed that it was the canal between North America and South America, and didn't give it any more thought.  But it's only today that it dawned on me that I was thinking about the Panama Canal rather than the Suez Canal.  D'oh!  I think this is a good reflection of how my brain cells have eroded over time.  I haven't done a pub quiz in a very long time, but if I did (and I'd quite like to post-pandemic) then I think I'd be quite useless - though maybe in the US my entirely different knowledge base (or at least whatever is left of it) might be an asset as part of a team.  

No comments:

Post a Comment