Thursday, March 18, 2021

Streaming vs Cable

I am still clinging onto cable TV, but only by a thread now.  The vast majority of quality new programs are now available on streaming services, some of them exclusively so.  I can watch live TV through a streaming service - traditionally one of the major reasons for sticking with cable was for live sports, but that simply isn't an issue now.  Conversely people say that streaming saves you money - but I don't think that's necessarily true nowadays.  Between paying for your internet connection and the streaming services that you'd want to get - it really is comparable to what I'm paying for my cable and internet right now.  So I'm conflicted, but I do think it's inevitable that I will cut the cord sooner or later.        

No comments:

Post a Comment