Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Deforestation

There is a sound I really don't like, and it's one I've had to sadly endure for the last few days.  And that is the sound of a chainsaw.  I don't like seeing the wanton destruction of trees, and that is what is now happening on the opposite side of the road from where I live.  I have this really sinking feeling that they are clearing a lot for the construction of new housing.  And so this is just the prelude for a lot more noise and disruption to come.  And so, obviously, I am not very happy about all this.  I think this weekend I need to have a wander over there to see if I can work out what is going on - because there is only so much I can tell from peering down there from the edge of my yard.  Some classic twitching curtain syndrome going on here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment