Monday, March 29, 2021

Pyromania

I think I might have a neighbor who is a pyromaniac.  It seems like every day for the last month or so when there hasn't been heavy rain that he has a fire going in his garden.  It could be first thing in the morning when I see the plume of smoke, or late at night where I see the orange glow - but it's weird and it's disturbing.  I would understand the occasional bonfire or the occasional BBQ/campfire, but this is not normal - especially so frequently and at this time of year when it's still quite cold outside.  This is not even a neighbor I've given any thought to since I moved here until now - it isn't someone immediately next door but someone I can see from my kitchen window across the undeveloped patch of land adjacent to where I live.  It started with the appearance of a trampoline in his garden - something I think could be the source of some unwelcome noisy kids come summertime - and now these fires.  And if this is who I think it is, then his house has the look of belonging to a hoarder when I drive past the other side of it.  So lord knows what he's setting fire to - the color of the smoke doesn't always suggest wood... 

No comments:

Post a Comment