Sunday, March 21, 2021

Missing My Footy

A disaster on the sports viewing front.  I've become a fan of Australian Rules Football, and was looking forward to the new season starting this weekend.  Naturally due to the time difference between here and there, most of the games are on in the middle of the night so I end up having to record them.  So I had scheduled these recordings for this weekend, then all of a sudden they disappeared.  The games were no longer being shown on US TV.  What the hell?  Well, apparently the broadcaster here and the AFL have yet to reach a deal - and so they simply dropped all the games from their schedule.  I can't tell you how disappointed I'll be if they don't reach an agreement - this has become one of my favorite sports to watch (and actually having full crowds at any sporting event - as they do in Australia - makes it infinitely better).     

1 comment: