Friday, March 12, 2021

Kitchen Nightmares

I am watching a lot of Gordon Ramsay stuff on YouTube at the moment - I think probably because his swearing is uncensored on YouTube, whereas it gets bleeped out on US TV, and so there is a certain amount of enjoyment to be had from seeing unfiltered clips from his shows.  They are not exactly must-watch - over-produced with very manufactured and fake drama - but the sheer amount of content (Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, MasterChef, Hotel Hell, etc.) means it's almost inevitable that you'll catch him on TV at some point.  And I happened to watch on YouTube recently the episode which featured a restaurant in Seattle.  And not just in Seattle, but in the neighborhood where I used to live.  And not just in the neighborhood where I used to live, but literally on the same road I used to live - just a few blocks down.  It wasn't somewhere I had ever eaten at - it was a fairly unappealing Greek restaurant, and I am no big fan of Greek food.  But I used to walk/bus/drive past that restaurant every day.  I don't remember exactly when the episode was filmed, but I do remember the big trailers they had parked on the street for about a week when they did the filming.  And a quick internet search reveals that the restaurant is still going - so I guess Gordon Ramsay might have helped keep it afloat.  Though ultimately I suspect he probably didn't have anything to do with that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment