Saturday, March 27, 2021

Play At Home

Another year of the pandemic means another load of free Playstation games through their Play at Home promotion.  There were a couple of games last year, and about 10 this year so far.  I've downloaded them all, even though I doubt I'll ever play any of them.  Especially because half of them require a VR headset, which I don't have (and doesn't really appeal to me, as I'm not sure I'll ever embrace virtual reality games as anything more than a fad).  In fact, I've hardly played any new games on my Playstation or Nintendo Switch since the start of the pandemic - which is a surprise.  And yet I still want to get a PS5 - even though it's almost impossible to get one.  What is wrong with me.  I'm getting too old for video games.  I miss the simplicity and playability of the Speccy games I grew up on.  Like playing, and completing, Operation Wolf on Christmas Day after I got it as a Christmas present (I'm not entirely sure if this is a real memory, or one that I have exaggerated in my mind - Wikipedia does say it came out in December 1988, so maybe it did happen!).        

No comments:

Post a Comment